It’s not enough to just provide a clever pitch: Today, your brand’s stories need to be framed as viral-worthy content that journalists need, whatever their beat is.
On Feb. 21, join PR News and a lineup of communications leaders to learn how to pitch stories that will help journalists win the clicks they need to prove their own value to editors.
You’ll hear from CompTIA’s Kelly Stone on how a nonprofit with a lean budget can maximize social media and direct messaging to win press coverage. Microsoft’s Miri Rodriguez will share a B2C brand perspective on pitching compelling stories using video. And Golin’s Jack Barbour will share case studies of PR messaging that drove measurable success for brands like Mountain Dew.
As a bonus, attendees can send a sample pitch to us that we'll share with our trainers, who will provide confidential feedback.
What You'll Learn
- Tell a newsworthy story using data relevant to your brand
- Write press releases that even the most overworked journalist will pick up
- Tailor your story to more visual platforms, like Instagram and Facebook
- Craft email subject lines that will grab a journalist’s attention
- Put storytelling concepts ahead of internal marketing dictates, clichés and jargon
- Decide which messaging to deploy via email and on social channels, and how to best suit it to each platform
- Connect with journalists and build long-term relationships on social media
- Structure social media campaigns so they lead to media coverage
- Use video and still images on social and in pitching that will earn journalists more clicks on their articles
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Public Relations
- Digital PR and Social Media
- Community Relations
- Content Creation
- Marketing Communications
- Business Development
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Media Relations
- Research and Analytics
Registration Fee: $399 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar. Should you wish to retain access to the training for more than one year, the CD is also available on its own or as a package with the online access.
PURCHASE NOW On-demand webinars are available for one year after the live webcast.