Today, anything less than a real-time response is too little, too late—learn how to be better prepared to stay nimble in the heat of a crisis.
You don't want to miss PR News' Crisis Management Webinar on January 25 especially in this age of live streaming, #MeToo and politically weaponized tweets. Organizations like yours need to be proactive to survive, which is why our speakers from ASPCA, Edelman and Hill+Knowlton Strategies are crafting their presentations to focus on the most effective ways to anticipate, mitigate and manage a PR crisis.
It’s easy to think of crisis management as a reflex rather than a deliberate approach. But keeping your finger on the pulse of your brand’s image—and having the right assets, tactics and plans ready to deploy at a moment’s notice—is the only way to escape a crisis unscathed.
What You'll Learn
- How to create the best crisis management plan for your organization
- How to develop flexible creative assets that can be prepared before a crisis and adapted on the fly
- Instruction on using social listening tactics to get real-time information on your company’s reputation
- How to keep consistent messaging across different media platforms while a narrative continues to develop
- How to measure social and traditional media channels to track the effectiveness of your work throughout a crisis
- Ideas for creating social posts, emergency websites and other digital assets in anticipation of a crisis
- How to develop benchmarks to understand the severity of emerging conversations
- How to build cross-departmental communication systems so your organization is connected and informed throughout a crisis
Who Should Attend?
If you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas, you should attend this webcast:
- Public Relations
- Digital PR and Social Media
- Community Relations
- Content Creation
- Marketing Communications
- Business Development
- Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Media Relations
- Research and Analytics
Registration Fee: $399 per site - CDs available for purchase
For questions regarding this webinar, contact Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 1-866-709-8255 or click here.
Each "Webinar Only" registration comes with access to the archived version of the program for one year, the materials provided by the speakers and a personalized certificate of completion for attending the Webinar. Should you wish to retain access to the training for more than one year, the CD is also available on its own or as a package with the online access.
PURCHASE NOW On-demand webinars are available for one year after the live webcast.